Jan 27th (Part 2)


It's Family Literacy Day® Honda ABC CANADA day again. I was up early, drinking hard coffee and reading studies of child poverty in Canada. Listening to a little Rage. Singing Tom Joad. How's that for a fam lit song:

Now Tom said "Mom, wherever there's a cop beating a guy,
wherever a hungry newborn baby cries,
where there's a fight against the blood and hatred in the air,
look for me, Mom. I'll be there.
Wherever there's somebody fighting for a place to stand,
or decent job, or a helping hand.
Wherever somebody's struggling to be free,
look in their eyes, Mom. You'll see me."

Good to get the blood pressure up before sunrise. :/

Luckily, I walk to work, and it's hard to be unhappy when you're walking.

So I got here, and started poking away at a much happier post - several of them, because lots of interesting things happened in the last 48 hours.

My learners showed up, and that cheered me up as well.

Tonight, I'm hanging out at the projects, talking with folks, reading with their kids. That'll be best of all.

Hey.

Rally round the family.

(Wit a pocket full of shells.)

:P



4 comments:

tracey.ca said...

Honda ABC CANADA Day! LOL. You nailed as usually. Thanks. Hooray for Tom Joad, winter walks and literacy students. And your uncanny perspective.

Wendell said...

"Uncanny" is right! Me & Dracula. Not necessarily someone you want speaking at your fund-raiser, but you know I got your back.

:)

KarenB said...

"Listening to a little Rage"
Now it makes sense! I read the earlier post and thought those words sounded familiar. Rage, hard coffee and Literacy journals - you really wanted to wake up with a jolt.

Wendell said...

:P