For All The Shutdown Strangers...



Some guys they just give up living
And start dying little by little, piece by piece
Some guys come home from work and wash up
And go racing in the street
Springsteen, Darkness on the Edge of Town 1978


Actually, I come home from work and wash up, and go... out tutoring. Yay!

And, you know, I think that's every bit as cool - yes I do!

Well, okay, maybe not. But I done that racing in the streets bit - mostly through the Gary Woods or on the old Number 7 between Fredericton and Oromocto - and, I gotta tell ya, tutoring is a helluva lot more interesting.

Still... Three days of Storytent, and I'm sunburnt, dried out, and bone weary. Which is why, after tutoring, I'm going to sit in a very nice, quietly air-conditioned restaurant and eat nothing but ice-cream deserts.






No comments: