Using FBML in Tabs on Facebook Pages


Hmm....

Well, okay. I got this comment box up and running - I think - on our bookwagon tab. Which is a step toward figuring out a variety of ways families can communicate with us through the winter.

It's this comment box...



I'm not entirely confident that it really is there, because it's on a tab (page) on the QLNB Facebook page itself, coded up in FBML (Facebook mark-up language) and I'm not a coder.

Too, the thing doesn't seem to work the same across browsers. Here's how it looks on the Firefox browser...



But, on Google's browser, Chrome, the text is much smaller...



While on Microsoft's Internet Explorer browser, the one most people still use, the text is small and the background disappears...

Worse, I'm told Facebook is mad for caching pages, meaning changes aren't always reflected right away - tomorrow this tab/page may look different on all three browsers.

Worse yet, Facebook appears to be poised to do away with FBML pages like this, and replace them with iframes.

I don't even know what an iframe is, but it don't sound good.

No comments: