What should we tell learners about Canada? (Part 2)



A bit of good news in between snowstorms.

Though she won't actually become a citizen until the ceremony a few months from now, my learner passed the citizenship test with flying colours - yeah!!!

I think it helped - me telling all those Canadian stories, and drawing maps, as well as us having a bunch of drill & kill quizzes. But she also made good use of the audio version of Discover Canada: The rights and responsibilities of citizenship (available on the Citizenship and Immigration Canada website).

And so now we're back to word families and experience stories and cloze exercises and basic literacy. In fact, we spent the evening reading the PRACE Pageturners from Australia.

But I'd be lying if I said my thoughts didn't wander from time to time back to all that's best about Canada.

Take it, Bobby!


No comments: