Changes, Autumn 2014



I've changed my employer, my location and the tone of my work.

My class is now hosted in a largely residential neighbourhood community centre that also offers drop-in programs for seniors, as well as some early childhood and afterschool programming.  I'm still a basic adult education facilitator - which largely means doing GED preparation.  But there is less emphasis on employment readiness, and there is a bit less of an institutional feel to my work even though I'm working more closely with provincial government representatives.  The community centre has asked about the potential for me to offer more basic adult literacy support in an "after hours" context - so that's interesting.

I'm also continuing to do easy-access family literacy projects like storytents, reading corners and book lending in various venues; though this remains part-time temporary or straight up volunteer work.


No comments: